Compliance of the municipalities – members of the Nicosia Development Agency (ANEL) with the European Data Protection Regulation (GDPR)
The project is being undertaken by Michael Damianos & Co LLC and Quadprime Cyprus Limited
The project of compliance of the municipalities – members of the Nicosia Development Agency (ANEL) with the European Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) is towards its successful completion. The project is being undertaken by our firm in collaboration with Quadprime Cyprus Limited after winning the relevant tender competition.
The municipalities – members of ANEL are the following: Strovolos Municipality, Lakatamia Municipality, Latsia Municipality, Aglantzia Municipality, Dali Municipality, Tseri Municipality, Geri Municipality, Agios Dometios Municipality, Engomi Municipality and Lapithos Municipality.
Our firm provided comprehensive guidance to the above municipalities – members of ANEL regarding the basic provisions and requirements of the GDPR and has so far delivered the following:
- gap analysis reports recording and evaluating the compliance level of the municipalities with the GDPR and providing suggestions for correcting the gaps and weaknesses that have been identified;
- security reports;
- records of processing activities;
- manuals containing guidance on the basic principles and provisions of the GDPR, as well as other policies, procedures and templates regarding data protection;
- personal data protection systems containing policies and recommendations regarding the implementation of technical and organisational measures for data security;
- response plans in the event of data breaches;
- staff training; and
- data impact assessments (DPIAs) for certain activities of the municipalities – members of the ANEL.